We Respect Your Right to Privacy. As a service to our customers, we will send emails and text messages to keep you informed of new products and services. You can opt out of email or text messages at any time by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or replying stop to the text message
Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers and all types of payments, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
Text Marketing and notifications:
By entering your phone number in the checkout and initialising a purchase, subscribing via our subscription form or a keyword, you agree that we may send you text notifications (for your order, including abandoned cart reminders) and text marketing offers. Text marketing messages will not exceed 10 a month. You acknowledge that consent is not a condition for any purchase.
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving text marketing messages and notifications reply with STOP to any mobile message sent from us or use the unsubscribe link we provided you with in any of our messages. You understand and agree that alternative methods of opting out, such as using alternative words or requests will not be accounted as a reasonable means of opting out. Message and data rates may apply.
For any questions please text HELP to the number you received the messages from. You can also contact us for more information. If you wish to opt out please follow the procedures above.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing you personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at ctyler@TheMississippiGiftCompany.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
The Mississippi Gift Company, 300 Howard Street, Greenwood MS 38930, United States
We periodically conduct sweepstakes and contests.
Sweepstakes and Contest Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase does not increase chances of winning.
2. HOW TO ENTER:
a) Visit www.TheMississippiGiftCompany.com and click on the promotional box at the bottom of the page. Limit one online entry per person, family, or household.
b) Limit one (1) chance to win per household per month.
c) Entrants are required to provide first name, last name and email address on the online entry form.
d) Sponsor not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, or
3. QUALIFYING PERIOD: Online entries must be submitted as instructed on the contest/promotion landing page. LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Open only to legal residents of the United States, excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. Territories and U.S. Possessions. Employees and family members of The Mississippi Gift Company or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies are not eligible to enter. Winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and a Publicity Release that will allow use of Winners’ names without further compensation by The Mississippi Gift Company, unless prohibited by law.
5. PRIZES AND DRAWING: Prizes and drawing details are contained on the contest/promotion landing page. Odds of winning will be determined by number of eligible entries.
6. GENERAL: Void where prohibited by law. Prize is transferable, but may not be redeemed for cash. Any federal, state or local income or other taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Winners. Prize includes initial delivery and handling. Prizes do not include any item or expense not specifically listed herein. The Mississippi Gift Company assumes no responsibility for late, lost, misdirected, or incomplete entries. No substitutions for another prize will be provided. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of entries received. All entries become the exclusive property of The Mississippi Gift Company and will not be acknowledged or returned. For the names of the Prize Winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Winners, The Mississippi Gift Company, 300 Howard Street, Greenwood, MS 38930. Allow two (2) weeks for response. By participating in the drawing, entrants agree to be bound by the official rules and decisions of the judges. Sponsored by The Mississippi Gift Company, 300 Howard Street, Greenwood, MS 38930.
7. This sweepstakes/contest/promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to The Mississippi Gift Company and not to Facebook. The information you provide will not be shared and will be used to choose the winner of sweepstakes.
8. Giveaways are held quarterly and winner will be chosen and announced the first week of the following quarter.
9. The Mississippi Gift Company will send periodic emails about specials, new products and promotions. Each email will have an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email and user can unsubscribe at any time.
You can see all details regarding what we do with the phone numbers we collect and how we use them below.
SMS Abandoned Cart Disclosure
Terms of Service
Below terms of service can also be seen at https://www.themississippigiftcompany.com/pages/terms-of-service
The Mississippi Gift Company
Mobile Message Service Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 1-20-22
The Mississippi Gift Company mobile message service (the "Service") is operated by The Mississippi Gift Company, “we”, or “us”). Your use of the Service constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions (“Mobile Terms”). We may modify or cancel the Service or any of its features without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Terms at any time and your continued use of the Service following the effective date of any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
By consenting to The Mississippi Gift Company SMS/text messaging service, you agree to receive recurring SMS/text messages from and on behalf of The Mississippi Gift Company through your wireless provider to the mobile number you provided, even if your mobile number is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Service-related messages may include updates, alerts, and information (e.g., order updates, account alerts, etc.). Promotional messages may include promotions, specials, and other marketing offers (e.g., cart reminders).
You understand that you do not have to sign up for this program in order to make any purchases, and your consent is not a condition of any purchase with The Mississippi Gift Company. Your participation in this program is completely voluntary.
We do not charge for the Service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile plan and contact your wireless provider for details. You are solely responsible for all charges related to SMS/text messages, including charges from your wireless provider.
You may opt-out of the Service at any time. Text the single keyword command STOP to 1-844-567-5979. Click the unsubscribe link in any text message to cancel.You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. No further messages will be sent to your mobile device, unless initiated by you. If you have subscribed to other The Mississippi Gift Company mobile message programs and wish to cancel, except where applicable law requires otherwise, you will need to opt out separately from those programs by following the instructions provided in their respective mobile terms. For Service support or assistance, text HELP to 1-844-567-5970 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may change any short code or telephone number we use to operate the Service at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP or HELP requests, you send to a short code or telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honoring requests made in such messages.
The wireless carriers supported by the Service are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. You agree to provide us with a valid mobile number. If you get a new mobile number, you will need to sign up for the program with your new number.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Service.
We respect your right to privacy. To see how we collect and use your personal information, please see our Privacy Notice.